A Celebration of Neighborhoods
Politifest, San Diego’s biggest civics festival, is taking place this Saturday, August 3, at Liberty Station’s Central Promenade.
There’s something for everyone and you can find out all the details in the programs and activities below.
Parking: There are parking lots and street parking throughout Liberty Station, the closest designated lots are M and G. Please follow event parking signs and abide by Liberty Station parking rules.
SDG&E Main Stage:
- 10 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies/National Anthem by Tuesday Night Alibi quartet
- 10:10 – 11 a.m. – Novo Trio performs
- 11:10 – 11:50 a.m. – “Planning & the Future of San Diego Neighborhoods” – a conversation with Bill Fulton, San Diego new’s Planning Director – Moderated by Scott Lewis.
- 12 – 1 p.m. – “What Do We Do Now?” a discussion on San Diego’s current turmoil featuring Assemblymembers Toni Atkins and Lorena Gonzalez, San Diego City Councilmembers Kevin Faulconer, Todd Gloria, Mark Kersey and City Attorney Jan Goldsmith - Moderated by Scott Lewis.
- 1:10 – 2:15 p.m. – Idea Tournament featuring contestants from City Heights Town Council, North Park Community Association, Reality Changers, San Diego Community Garden Network, St. Mark’s Church – City Heights - Winner will be awarded a $5,000 grant from the Malin Burnham Center for Civic Engagment
Co-Merge City 101 Tent:
- 10:30 a.m. – “So You Want to Get a Community Project Done?” Presented by Howard Blackson
- 10:45 a.m. – “When Every Second Counts: Emergency Response Delays in San Diego” Presented by Liam Dillon
- 11 a.m. – “The Affordable Care Act and You” Presented by Megan Burks
- UPforEd Kids Zone with bounce house, slide, one on one basketball, live animals, Dr. Zoolittle and SoCal Parrots, SnoCal Shaved Ice, Curious George from KPBS.
- Community Connections Booth, Sponsored by Cox Communications is doing a collection drive for used laptops and computers for local kids with technology needs.
- Dozens of community booths with great giveaways including museum tickets, gym memberships and more.
- Tasty food truck fare from Meltdown and InSlider.
- All your favorite VOSD staffers!
We can’t wait to spend the day with you. See you Saturday!
Save Saturday, August 3, for Voice of San Diego’s annual Politifest, a family-friendly festival featuring community booths, activities, music, food and a beer garden.
This year, we’re setting aside some of the politics that divide us and celebrating the many diverse neighborhoods that connect San Diego residents to one another.